Pin It

July 11, 2013

THE REVEAL.....Vintage Shop "The Distressed Nest" Is Now Open



A DREAM, A VISION, A REALITY!!!!!




I am super excited that our Vintage Shop is now "OPEN"

We opened on June 21st, 2013 

Yeah I know, I am just getting around to posting about this event on my blog.

Seriously have you ever felt like you have way too many things to accomplish and you just have to decide what do to in what order?

I am still going to update you all on the worksop building project ...can you say overwhelmed!

Well yeah, this is how it has all played out.

However, I truly am so excited about this new venture and wanted to share this with all my sweet readers.

So grap a cup of tea or my fav, .....coffee..... and join me for the details.


In the beginning..........

So this is what it looked like when it all began

a 10x10 empty space












If you are wondering why you see some stained 2x 4's and some not


well, the stained ones are the visible frame work. The others will be hidden in the wall.








here is the first wall frame up!!


















It was then covered with 6 ft dog eared fencing

color washed in a grey and white









wow everything moved pretty fast with hubby building....he is quick


so I missed lots of in between pictures







The opening could not have come at a more crazy time.

I mean we had just began the build of our 12x32 worksop

...................we were smack dab in the middle of the build when I heard a new antique mall in my home town had just opened.





We headed over their one day after the grand opening to check it out 








............and they only had 16 booths left for rent.







 My friend Kaye and I had been dreaming of opening our own vintage booth for at least a year.


we knew we had to move quickly if we were going to secure our 10x10 vintage haven.








After some girl talk and asking hubby's advice we decided on the booth J7, we would call home.


Panic set in.......Oh my,  we were in the middle of another project build and now I am adding another


where there's a will, there's a way, right?
































Then began the design planning.......


building the walls .........


 then stocking with goodies






The fun and not so fun part of pricing and inventory....going at it!

I wanted Kaye in the picture but she declined...one day friend, one day!!

Things began taking shape and coming together beautifully.









My Hubby aka (hunkelberry) was a trooper.  He is my partner in DIY projects and I could not have done it without him.

I call him MacGyver :)

Seriously, he can figure anything out!














So there you have it our little vintage booth in The White Owl Antique Mall & Design Center.



I love, love it.








If your ever in Concord NC you must stop by for a visit.

Our Booth J7
"The Distressed Nest" .....aging never looked so good

455 Spring St. NW in Concord, NC

Hours of Operation are: Mon - Fri 10am - 8pm, 
Sat 10am - 7pm & Sun 12-6pm


Until we meet again,

Photobucket

0 Thoughtful Comments:

Photography

Shoot Fly Shoot