Pin It

April 24, 2012

Pillow Talk


This little pillow was a thrifty 2.00 find I got at my local Goodwill.  Dont you just love going thrift shopping?

This pillow was calling to me saying, I would look so pretty spruced up sitting on your rocker in your outdoor space.

So I picked her up gave her a good look over and said OK you're coming home with me!

I then proceeded to ponder what I could do to dress her up a bit and give her more character.

Idea, burlap......Burlap is always a good addition to any project.


So I cut a 3 inch strip out of my burlap and pulled out the sewing machine although the sewing machine and I aren't that great together.

I mean, I have not done much sewing in years so I was not sure how to accomplish the ruffled vision I had in my head for this lonely little pillow friend.

Google is my best friend when I need to figure out how to do something, so to the PC I went.

Their I found out how simple making a quick ruffle was and so I began.


A few minutes later I had a beautiful ruffle to attach to my new find.

I grabbed the glue gun and got to gluing this ruffle onto my pillow.

It was a simple fix and now she adorns my rocker in my outdoor space with all her textured beauty.


I found another fab find .......this all so creamy throw to add to the back of the rocker to pair with my new pillow.  A great match dont ya think?







So friends, do you think I should add a cute flower of some sort to this pillow?  Or leave her be?


Until next time,


Photobucket
Linking up to: Thistlewood Farmsmy 1929 charmer blog

5 Thoughtful Comments:

Diane said...

Looks great the way it is. Cute!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Love that burlap ruffle. It looks great as is. But a burlap rosette in the middle ... hmmm ...

So very happy that you linked up to our Pillopalooza slumber party!

:)
Linda

thistlewoodfarm said...

I do love your pillow and the floral and the burlap.....but I think a flower would be wonderful!

Thanks for linking up to the party!

blessings,
karianne

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Loving that pillow girl. Love fabric and really love the addition of the burlap ruffle. But I sure am a burlap girl, but a burlap flower in the middle! Can't have too much burlap. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best!

Home Generator Nashville said...

Hi grreat reading your post

Photography

Shoot Fly Shoot