Pin It

February 7, 2012

Ever Had A Day Like This?

Have you ever had one of those days when everything that could go wrong went wrong? I got this cute email from a friend.  I don't know if it has been around before in email land but I  thought it was worth sharing. This dialogue will stop and make you think.


Me: God, can i ask you a question?

God: sure.

Me: Promise me You won't get mad.

God: I promise.

Me: why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?

God: what do you mean?

Me: we'll, I woke up late.

God: Yes.

Me: My car took forever to start.

God: Okay.

Me: At lunch, they made my sandwich wrong and i had to wait.

God: Hmmm...

Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as i picked up a call.

God: Alright.

Me: and to top it all off, when i got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my new foot massager and relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?

God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning an I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life, I let you sleep through that.

Me (humbled): Oh.

God: I didn't let your car start because, there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: Oh

God: the first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me (embarrassed): okay.

God: Your phone went dead bcuz the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

Me (softly): I see God.

God: Oh and that foot massager, It had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm sorry God.

God: Don't be sorry. Just learn to trust Me in all things, the good and the bad.

Me: I will trust You.

God: and don't doubt that My plan for your day is better than your plan.

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank you for everything today.

God: you're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I love looking after my children.

End.

    When I am having a bad day I try to remind myself of all that I am blessed with and tell myself this too shall pass (it could be so much worse). I know that I am God's child and he is working all things together for the purpose of my well being even when it may not seem so good.

So the next time you are having a bad day, stop and be thankful for all that you have and remember everything happens for a reason we just have to trust in God.


Until next time,
Photobucket

1 Thoughtful Comments:

Lori said...

Thanks Steve for the invite and for the following!

Photography

Shoot Fly Shoot