Pin It

December 15, 2011

Tis the season to be Jolly~~The Reason We Celebrate!

 Christmas, ah! Tis the season to be JOLLY.....it is a time for us to remember & celebrate the birth of Jesus our Savior. Really, isn't it amazing that Jesus left His kingly throne and came down to earth to be clothed in our human flesh. To walk as a man, to feel what we feel, to experience all the struggles that you and I would ever face in our lifetime...wow, to show us how to live our life by following his example. Then to know that he took upon himself our sins, the sins of the whole world that we could be reconciled back to the Father by accepting Him. I mean that is a reason to celebrate! That is the best love story ever played out.

When my kids were small they would get up on Christmas morning excited to see what they had received under the tree. But before any presents were unwrapped we would sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and read the bible story of His precious birth and thank him for his sacrifice.  It was a tradition in our home to remember and to celebrate the true meaning of CHRISTmas!

Boy do I miss those days.

I know this blog is brand new but if anyone out their in blog land lands here I would love to hear your family traditions.

 Adding some color in our Christmas cottage
our little cottage tree centerpiece







Homemade mason jar tea-light candle with Epsom salt,
cranberries, a stick of cinnamon tied with twine!





Mr. Beary christmas
Mr. Bo-jingles nestled amongst the pines...

so cute...my GW Boutique find this Christmas season, .50 cent
new friends to our cottage decor this Christmas....these guys are just too cute....solid wood Christmas geese picked up half off at Restore.....that's right only 4 bucks

Peace I leave with you: my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
 Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27

mantel decor...tree branches from the yard painted white
in a tin planter a GW Boutique (goodwill) find

JESUS!! THE REASON FOR THE SEASON....
The manger scene figurines were originally all Terra-cotta so years 
ago I painted each one.  Now they are extra special to me, boy was 
that ever time consuming but soooo worth it! Now it is one of a kind.
an arrangement made right from the back yard,
 twigs, greenery, moss and berries...can't get any
thriftier than that! 

snowman, keeper of the date!......a fun find at restore $1.50... woot.
Giddy up ......
Snow Place like home!
The Porch!
Dream big dreams....
Flowers in December
Vintage stocking...........my cute Salvation Army find


  If you landed on my post be so kind as to follow me so we can become friends!


Merry Christmas,
>Photobucket

0 Thoughtful Comments:

Photography

Shoot Fly Shoot